Who are Intended Parents?
Intended Parents are individuals or couples who cannot conceive on their own – for any reason – and choose surrogacy to build their family. Adoption and Surrogacy Choices of Colorado welcomes Intended Parents of a variety of family dynamics – couples and singles, married, straight and gay – spanning a wide range of ages and nationalities.
The Types of Intended Parents
1. Heterosexual couples who have struggled with infertility
2. Intended mothers who are medically unable to carry a child
- she may have had surgery to remove her uterus (hysterectomy)
- is missing part of her uterus or the lining of her uterus has been damaged
- pregnancy may be a risk to her health due to a medical condition – e.g. heart problems, cystic fibrosis -or to the child
- recurrent miscarriage
- repeated IVF attempts have failed.
3. Intended parents who have a genetic defect or health condition they don’t want to pass onto the child
4. Same sex intended parents who want to have a genetic link to the baby