What Are My Adoption Post-Placement Services in Colorado
You’re a birth mother in Colorado who plans to put your baby up for adoption. You are searching for adoption agencies in Colorado that will help you with your adoption. Our agency, Adoption Choices of Colorado, can be your ideal agency. We offer several adoption services, assisting in the adoption plan and adoption process. You may know our services, but you are curious about post-placement services available once the adoption is complete. To help understand what is expected during an adoption process and post-placement, please read the following to discuss the next steps. Remember, all decisions are made by you. Our job is to help you create the best adoption for you and your child.
How to Begin My Adoption Plan in Colorado
To begin your adoption process, you start with the first step, the adoption plan. Part of the adoption plan is figuring out what type of adoption you want and searching for the ideal adoptive family.
First, we start with the three types of adoption:
- Open Adoption: You decide to prefer a close personal relationship with the adoptive family and child. You want consistent communication and contact. You can schedule in-person visits, private emails and letters, videos, and phone calls.
- Closed Adoption: No form of contact is necessary for this adoption type. You think no personal information should be exchanged. Only your and the adoptive family’s profiles, provided by Adoption Choices of Colorado, are available.
- Semi-Open Adoption: A combination of closed and open adoption. You want to establish boundaries with your adoptive family and child. However, you still want to have updates on the child’s upbringing. You may want to have a personal connection through communication such as video and phone calls, emails and letters, and in-person visits. You decide which forms of contact are best for you. The adoption specialist mediates all forms of communication.
Birth Mother Questions You Might Want to Know
Next, here are some questions many birth mothers consider before choosing an adoptive family:
- Location: Do you want your adoptive family to be in the same state, county, or farther away? Would you prefer an adoptive family who is nearby?
- Upbringing: Do you want the adoptive family to have similar values and morals when raising your child? Would you prefer an adoptive family that plans to raise your child how your family raised you?
- Family Type: Is there a specific family type you’d prefer to care for your child? Same-sex couples, couples with no children, couples with children, couples familiar with adoption, single mother or father?
- Religion/Race/ Ethnicity: Is race, ethnicity, or religion relevant to your adoption decision? Would you be comfortable with someone of the same race as yourself? Would you prefer someone with the same faith as you? Or does it not matter if they have different religious beliefs, no religious beliefs, or different races or ethnicity?
Three Post-Placement Adoption Services
- Post Placement Counseling: Adoption Choices of Colorado offers continuous counseling for those who have completed their adoptions. One-on-one counseling may be at your convenience. We want you to seek help that can support you during your time of grief, anger, guilt, or whichever emotions are spiraling. We want to help you cope, have control, and acknowledge your adoption experience.
- Support Group: a post-placement support group is an option if you want to surround yourself with other birth mothers. Although you may have different stories, experiences, and opinions on your adoption and choosing it, you are all birth mothers who have chosen adoption. Having people who understand your situation can be uplifting and inspirational.
- Financial Assistance: Loans, grants, programs, and other services are still eligible for you to apply for after finalizing the adoption. In addition, we understand that you need to get back on your feet after the expenses of the adoption process. Check for your eligibility based on your financial circumstances. Financial assistance can cover rent, utilities, transportation fees, medical aid, phone bill, and other expenses.
How Adoption Choices of Colorado can Help With Post-Placement Services
Adoption Choices of Colorado is an agency you can rely on for your post-placement services. We want you to have all the resources of our adoption services. Therefore, you can depend on us to answer all of your questions about the adoption process and what is needed. We will simplify the steps and make it easy to make your final decisions. So, choose us for your Colorado adoption. If you are interested in learning more about your gestational surrogacy options, contact Adoption and Surrogacy Choices of Colorado by email, phone, or text: Email Us, Text us: 720-371-1099, Call us: 303-670-4673 (HOPE). If you are hoping to adopt, please contact us here.