How Do I Put My Child Up for Adoption In Colorado?
Your unexpected pregnancy has led to your adoption decision. You may have several questions and feel clueless when it comes to the adoption process. If you are a birth mother and are in need of adoption agencies in Colorado to choose from, Adoption Choices of Colorado is the place for you. We have all the tools you need to get started on your adoption process and plan. You may have many questions about how to get started and what an adoption plan entails. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have. For more information on how to put your child up for adoption, continue to read.
If you need adoption help now, please call or text us at 303-670-4673 (HOPE) or visit us at Adoption Choices of Colorado.
How Do I Start My Adoption Plan?
When starting your adoption plan, the first step is to decide on what adoption type fits your circumstances. and list the preferences you want in your adoptive family.
- Open Adoption is when you want a more personal relationship with your child and adoptive family. You want to be a part of your child’s life. You want to plan personal, consistent communication. Forms of contact can be scheduled whenever you want. You can do phone and video calls, in-person visits, emails, and letters with pictures.
- Closed Adoption can be the ideal option for you if you do not want any personal communication or contact with the child or the adoptive parent. Based on your circumstances, you don’t want your personal information shared, and that’s valid.
- Semi-Open Adoption is similar to open adoption. The types of contact are the same. It is up to you to decide on the consistency of communication. You do not want a personal relationship, just updates on your child’s upbringing. All forms of communication will be monitored and mediated by our adoption agency.
Choosing the Right Adoptive Family
The second step of an adoption plan is to list the preferences you want in your adoptive family. Here are some examples of questions you can ask yourself about the ideal adoptive family.
- Do I want the adoptive family in a nearby location, or am I comfortable with more distance?
- Do I consider religion in my upbringing? Does it matter what religion they are or if they share the same religious values? Will I even want to consider religion when I don’t follow any?
- Are race and ethnicity a key factor in my choosing an adoptive family?
- Would I want the adoptive family to share the same morals and values? Do I want them to meet all of them or just a few important ones that matter to me?
- Would I want the adoptive family to have similar ways of child upbringing?
Colorado Adoption Services
We offer many adoption services that you are eligible for and can apply for. Based on your needs and current circumstances, you may just want to apply for a few. We do not judge your circumstances. These services are here to help you in need during this adoption process and post-placement as well. We encourage you to use our services.
We offer loans and grants for those who need financial aid and stability. We want to lessen the financial issue and assist. Our financial aid plan can help you pay rent, transportation, phone bill, medical expenses, maternity materials, and groceries.
If you do not have medical insurance or a primary doctor, we have a list of medical professionals who can take your case. We offer medical services that include scheduling medical checkups, helping pay medical expenses, and finding a doctor suitable for you. All decisions are up to you, and we want you to feel safe using our services.
Whether you have a home or not, we offer housing in locations near you. Your living space may not be the environment you want to spend your pregnancy in. We offer affordable, comfortable housing for the duration of the adoption process. Even once the adoption is finalized, we let you stay in your living arrangement for a few months to get back on your feet and help you find your own permanent place.
As the delivery date is arriving soon, you and your doctor will be discussing a plan for the delivery of the child. At Adoption Choices of Colorado, we want to make your delivery an experience safe and comfortable for you. Important questions to consider would be the location of the birth, if you want anyone in the delivery room, do you want a c section or natural birth, or would you like pain relief meds.
We offer free counseling during your adoption process and after. Our one-on-one sessions and group counseling can benefit you. We understand there are many emotions and feelings to explore during this process. An unexpected pregnancy can take a mental toll on anyone. You are not alone, and if you need a safe space to share, we offer that. There is no timeline for this service. We encourage you to go to our sessions whenever you are ready.
How Adoption Choices of Colorado can Help You
Adoption Choices of Colorado is a safe, non-judgemental agency in Colorado. For any birth mother living in Colorado, we want to offer you a place to get started on your adoption plan. We offer services for all birth mothers in different situations. A reliable place for those who have questions about adoption, for those who are certain or uncertain if adoption is the right path. We will be happy to work with you and start your journey today.
If you are facing an unplanned pregnancy and want to learn more about your adoption options, contact Adoption Choices of Colorado by email, phone, or text: Email Us, Text us: 720-371-1099, Call us: 303-670-4673 (HOPE). If you are hoping to adopt, please contact us here.