How to Become a Surrogate: Choosing a Surrogacy Agency in Colorado
Are you from Colorado and interested in becoming a gestational surrogate? If you enjoy being pregnant or want to give back to others, you may wonder if surrogacy is the right path for you? Becoming a gestational carrier, also known as a surrogate mother, is a life-changing and rewarding experience to share with your matched intended parents, so Adoption and Surrogacy Choices of Colorado, we are here to help you make the best decisions possible. At our surrogacy agency, we also know all the complexities of the surrogacy journey. You may be feeling overwhelmed and unsure of what your options are. Keep on reading to learn more about your choices as a surrogate mother!
Independent Surrogacy Versus Working with An Agency
The first thing you have to consider when you are deciding on becoming a surrogate mother is if you should work with an agency or not. When you are an independent surrogate, neither you nor the intended parents work with an agency. If you are an independent surrogate, it is recommended that you are comfortable with the surrogacy process beforehand.
When you choose surrogacy, like Adoption and Surrogacy Choices of Colorado, you will be taken care of by highly-trained professionals. We are here to make sure you are protected medically, legally, and emotionally. Surrogacy can be legally and emotionally complex, so we want you to know that you’re choosing to be put first by choosing an agency.
Colorado Surrogacy Agencies
Colorado is a surrogacy-friendly state. This means that Colorado’s judicial systems and courts are surrogacy-friendly and know how to work with the surrogacy process. For example, Colorado grants intended parents pre-birth and post-birth parental rights, meaning you, as a surrogate mother, do not have any parental responsibilities or claim to the child you carry. Colorado surrogacy agencies also uphold all surrogacy contracts, meaning that you are protected throughout the process, and consider the agreements you make between you and the intended parents as a legally binding contract.
We know how much of a life-changing decision it is to become a surrogate mother and the sacrifices it can entail, which means you deserve fair and adequate compensation. In Colorado, surrogacy compensation is legal. Colorado is a great state when you consider becoming a surrogate mother and helping a family grow.
What Does Adoption and Surrogacy Choices of Colorado Do?
We are a full-service, licensed, and professional surrogacy agency. Therefore, you can expect many different resources at your disposal when you choose to work with our Colorado surrogacy agency. We provide a range of different services such as matching and screening, counseling, referrals, and helping you find the professional you need throughout your journey.
Why Choose Our Surrogacy Agency?
There are a number of reasons why you should choose Adoption and Surrogacy Choices of Colorado to work with. We are here to make sure you have the experience you deserve when you choose to become a surrogate mother.
Some of our services include, but are not limited to:
- If you are feeling overwhelmed with sorting out the legal paperwork, finances, or health insurance, we are here to help you sort it all out.
- We provide matching services! We can match you to intended parents through compatibility factors like interviews and screenings.
- We require medical screenings for both intended parents and you. This is to ensure everyone is healthy physically. We also require psychological examinations for both intended parents and surrogates to make sure everyone is mentally healthy. This is to protect everyone in their surrogacy journey.
- Both you and the intended parents require attorneys to ensure everyone is legally protected and knows their role in their respective surrogacy journeys. We help you find the right reputable attorney suited for your needs as a surrogate mother.
- We also work with outside health and medical professionals to ensure you don’t get overwhelmed with how many people are involved in your surrogacy journey. By doing so, you only work with our surrogacy team.
- We can also offer counseling services for you and your intended parents because we know how emotionally complex and challenging this can be. This is to make sure you and the intended parents are feeling happy, healthy, and safe throughout this process.
When you choose to work with Adoption and Surrogacy Choices of Colorado, you choose to keep your best interests in mind. We want to provide you with a rewarding and easy surrogacy journey and help create a rewarding and beautiful shared experience for both you and your intended parents.
If you are interested in learning more about your gestational surrogacy options, contact Adoption and Surrogacy Choices of Colorado by email, phone, or text: Email Us, Text us: 720-371-1099, Call us: 303-670-4673 (HOPE). If you are hoping to adopt, please contact us here.
Meet the Author: Katie Doherty is a junior Writing, Literature, and Publishing major at Emerson College in Boston, Massachusetts. She loves to write, read, and edit, whether it’s technical or creative writing. Although she enjoys writing poetry, narrative nonfiction, and fiction writing, she also loves to write on current political events, cultural trends, and research. She spends her free time listening to music, watching the Great British Bake Off, and learning how to crochet.