6 Wonderful Reasons to Place Your Baby for Adoption
There are a variety of courageous reasons birth moms have when putting their baby up for adoption. Sometimes people may question your decision and try to make you feel bad about it. Other times they simply might not understand why you’re making such a decision. Either way, it doesn’t matter what others are saying. It is you who matter! Your decision will always be the ultimate decision. That’s why we at Adoption Choices of Colorado recognize that any reason a birth mother might have to choose adoption is a valid one! No matter what reason your decision to consider adoption is, you should be proud of coming this far. Below is a list acknowledging six wonderful reasons birth moms consider whne they place a baby for adoption.
- You don’t want kids. As simple as that! There’s a number of reasons you might not want kids. Yet, sometimes life throws unexpected curveballs our way. This may be an unplanned pregnancy for you, and that’s totally fine. An adoption is a great option in this case. Some reasons why you might not want kids can be because you want to focus on your education or career. Or you personally didn’t have the best childhood growing up, so you never envisioned yourself as a parent. “Oh, you’ll change your mind” or “kids are wonderful!” are some phrases you may have heard. A lot of times, people forget that starting a family is a very big decision to make. Unfortunately, some people take this for granted. They are quick to assume that every couple or every woman will have a kid at some point. But that is for you to decide. If you don’t want to keep your baby, then the adoption options in Denver, CO are a great option!
- You can’t afford to have kids. Kids are expensive! Constantly having to buy diapers, baby formula, clothes they keep growing out of, and toys they won’t even remember using. But the expenses don’t just end there. Then they start school, and you have to buy school supplies, backpacks. Once they reach a certain age, they’ll start imitating other kids. They’ll want things their peers have. And it goes on and on and on. Keep in mind all of your other expenditures occur simultaneously, such as rent/mortgage, car payments, phone payments, electricity and water bills, etc. If you can’t afford to raise a baby, this is completely understandable. Placing your baby for adoption is a wonderful way to offer the child a family that is able to afford those expenses. They would be better able to give your baby the life it deserves. By doing this, you are putting all of your wants and needs aside to selflessly provide a better life for your baby.
- You don’t want to terminate your pregnancy. Even though this may be an unplanned pregnancy for you, abortion may have never been an option on your mind. And that’s okay! Terminating a pregnancy can be an extremely difficult and even painful decision to make. That’s why if you are looking to give birth to the baby but won’t like to keep it for various reasons. An adoption is a great option for mothers like you! This way, you’ll be able to bring the baby into this world and place your baby with a loving family.
- You want your baby to have a loving family. It’s a difficult reality to cope with. But, a lot of times, you might not be in a situation to give your baby a stable household with two parents. Such as, you may have an abusive partner. Or maybe you don’t have a stable job or housing situation. This is all a part of life. But, what will happen when the baby arrives? In such a case, you would be putting your child’s life at risk by keeping them if you wish for your baby to have a family with two parents, for example. It might be a better decision to opt for adoption. This way, you’d be able to find a loving family that can raise your baby well.
- Your baby has a disability. However, this is an absolutely valid reason to consider adoption. A lot of times, mothers are made to feel guilty about it. That’s why it’s important to remember that raising an able baby presents so many challenges. Any such challenges are heightened when trying to raise a special needs child. The expenses can be much more as well. If you relate to this, then there is no need to feel guilty about your situation. Many adoptive families are looking to adopt a special needs child for their own reasons. This creates a perfect situation for you to be able to place your baby for adoption. At the same time, adoptive parents welcome your baby into their family.
- Your health comes first. You might have become pregnant at an unexpected age or stage in your life. It’s possible you might not have the mental or physical capacity to raise a baby if you don’t have support from friends and if a birth mother is overcoming addiction, this can also play a role in her decision to place her baby for adoption. This is absolutely understandable. You’re putting your baby’s health first, as all mothers do.
Choosing To Place Your Child for Adoption with Adoption Choices of Colorado
The Colorado adoption process is the perfect option to provide your baby with parents that are completely healthy and capable of raising a baby. Throughout the adoption, we at Adoption Choices of Colorado will help you find adoptive parents who are willing to raise your baby with the utmost love and care. The two things that you desire for your baby’s future. These are just some of the reasons birth mothers consider adoption. Regardless of what reason may be behind your decision to adopt. It’s crucial to recognize that every reason is valid. Always remember the ultimate decision is yours. So, although it’s normal for feelings of guilt to arise. Know that you are making a decision that is best for your baby. When birth mothers decide to place their child for adoption, it is rooted in utter selflessness. Remember, you are putting your baby first!
If you need adoption help now, please call or text us at 303-670-4673 (HOPE) or visit us at Adoption Choices of Colorado.
If you are facing an unplanned pregnancy and want to learn more about your adoption options, contact Adoption Choices of Colorado by email, phone, or text: Email Us, Text us: 720-371-1099, Call us: 303-670-4673 (HOPE). If you are hoping to adopt, please contact us here.
Meet the author: Ifrah Mohammed. Pursuing a Communications-Journalism Bachelor’s degree at Siena College, she is an aspiring content writer. A hard-working daughter of immigrant parents, she was born and raised in Queens, NY, and has resided in Fort Worth, TX. Her passions include writing and traveling. Moving around has allowed her to gain valuable perspective. When she is not writing or traveling, she is baking or reading. She currently resides in
Schenectady, NY, a town 30 minutes away from Albany.