10 steps of the Surrogacy Process: A Guide for Potential Surrogates
Surrogacy is a selfless act that provides a gift to the world. It involves giving yourself, your conveniences, and your time to increase the happiness of others, and that is noble. Kudos to you for wanting to embark on such a caring journey of light and love. You want to get started but have some questions that deserve thorough and thoughtful answers to guide you along your way. US surrogacy laws vary from state to state, so you may think that becoming a surrogate is only possible in big cities. Rest in knowing that is no longer the case. Surrogacy is possible in Colorado. Here at Adoption and Surrogacy Choices of Colorado, we are committed to walking with you through the entire surrogacy process and fostering healing afterward.
If you or someone you know is interested in becoming a surrogate, please call or text us at 303-670-4673 (HOPE) or visit us at Adoption and Surrogacy Choices of Colorado.
Can I Become a Surrogate Mother?
If you wonder, “How does surrogacy work?” or ponder on how to become a surrogate mother in Colorado, you have come to the right place. At Adoption and Surrogacy Choices of Colorado, we will break down the surrogacy process step by step and match you with intended parents that align with your mission. Colorado surrogacy is possible and fulfilling. There is no longer a need for you to travel to big cities or exhaust your schedule to make long trips. You have the option now to perform surrogacy while maintaining the lifestyle and living situation you currently love.
There are misconceptions about modern and legal surrogacy to dispel. Traditional surrogacy, though outlawed internationally, was thus: a surrogate mother supplied the egg and was a biological relative of the child. However, in modern surrogacy, the surrogate is a gestational carrier. What is gestational surrogacy? In gestational surrogacy, you do not supply the egg. Instead, the donor or intended parent provides the egg and sperm, placed in a lab to develop an embryo. The embryo gets transferred to you through a process called IVF (in vitro fertilization) in hopes that it will implant. IVF feels similar to a regular pap smear. Once planted, the pregnancy process begins.
At the start of becoming a surrogate, as a gestational carrier, you undergo hormone treatment, including fertility treatments, ultrasounds, injections, several medications, and birth control pills to regulate your cycle for both a successful IVF and support a healthy pregnancy. You will also be required to participate in regular visits to a specific fertility clinic to perform ultrasounds and blood tests until a healthy heartbeat is detected, after which you can transfer to your regular obstetrician.
10 Steps to Becoming a Surrogate in Colorado
Gestational carriers complete a 10 step process to ensure a healthy and safe Colorado surrogacy. Before signing any paperwork and performing IVF:
- A social worker performs an in-home assessment to discover whether you are psychologically ready to become a gestational carrier and all that it brings.
- Surrogacy hopefuls undergo a criminal background check.
- Surrogate mothers receive medical screening (and partner or spouse) for drug use, STDs, viruses, communicable diseases, and infections.
- Ultrasounds are performed to check your fertility level.
- Before undergoing any treatments in pregnancy, you must sign paperwork to outline compensation, insurance, desires, and housekeeping allowance.
- As a gestational carrier, you receive fertility treatment, blood work, injections, and various medications to prepare the body for IVF.
- At the fertility clinic, like a regular pap smear, you receive an IVF transfer which requires that you rest for a few hours up to a few days.
- Once a heartbeat is detected, you may resume the rest of medical care with your regular obstetrician and attend routine checkups.
- Gestational surrogates will regularly contact the intended parents who may desire to attend each doctor’s appointment to experience the entire joyous pregnancy process with you.
- You help a hopeful individual or couple grow their family who otherwise would be unable. This process connects you to a community of people with knowledge and similar experiences that help you throughout the process.
Best Surrogacy Agencies in Colorado
You are a phenomenal soul. Becoming a surrogate is a selfless act, and you want to work with a licensed surrogate agency you can trust. We are excited for you to embark on such an incredible journey of connectedness, life, and love. Let us help you fulfill your mission of giving back to those who face barriers to growing their family. At Adoption and Surrogacy Choices of Colorado, we know that bringing forth life isn’t easy, but it is so worth it, and we will support you each step of the way, foster your compensation, and take care of all of the legal work so you can focus on a healthy birth. Contact us 24/7 as we are eager and excited to get you started on your journey today.
If you are interested in learning more about your gestational surrogacy options, contact Adoption and Surrogacy Choices of Colorado by email, phone, or text: Email Us, Text us: 720-371-1099, Call us: 303-670-4673 (HOPE). If you are hoping to adopt, please contact us here.
Meet the Author: JaQueen loves learning because it helps her educate and give people choices. She is the youngest girl in a family of 8 adopted siblings who found a loving forever home. Like most marketers, she wears many hats: Certified Project Management Professional, Jr. Web Developer, SEO certified, Grant Proposal Writer, Consultant, Wellness Influencer, Content Creator, and Motivational Speaker with a Bachelor’s in Communication Arts. She created a wellness blog to motivate, write, and inspire in her spare time to teach about mental health, plant-based vegan nutrition, and fitness to help others find peace on their healing journey. Her hobbies include natural bodybuilding, mindfulness, trailblazing through nature, and creating content that resonates with people. She aspires to be a lifelong professional writer and speaker who saves lives through the power of knowledge. She states, “I think that when you find your way out of the darkness it becomes your responsibility to bring others to the light. So, I focus on healing. The rest will align.”